JEE Advanced 2022 Exam Centres – IIT Delhi is conducting the JEE Advanced on July 3, 2022. The exam is held in many cities which are divided into different zones. Joint Admission Board (JAB) has decided to invite applications from top two and half lakh rank holders of JEE Main 2022. It becomes necessary to allot different exam centres to such a large number of applicants. Doing so helps in the smooth functioning of the examination. Along with the decision of the conducting IIT and the number of application invitation, JAB also decided to add San Fransisco as an overseas centre in the list of JEE Advanced 2020 exam centres. Candidates can know about the JEE Advanced 2020 exam centres, including the location, number of cities, JEE Advanced overseas exam centres and much more.
JEE Advanced 2022 Exam Centres
The IIT Delhi will be conducting the JEE Advanced 2022 in more than hundred and fifty cities around the world. Candidates have to choose six cities as the preference of examination cities while filling the form. IIT Delhi will allot the examination centre keeping the preference of the candidate in mind. Although the IIT Delhi will make all the efforts to allot the JEE Advanced exam city of the choice made by the candidate, a different city can be allotted to the candidate in same or other zone. The allotted examination city will be depicted in the JEE Advanced 2022 admit card.
Top two and a half qualifiers of the JEE Main 2020 are eligible for filling the JEE Advanced application form. After the release of the JEE Main 2022 result, the top qualifiers are able to fill the JEE Advanced 2022 online registration. All the information filled during the JEE Mains 2022 application appears in the IIT JEE application form. However, candidates are required to choose the cities and add alternate contact details while filling the IIT JEE application form. Check the deadlines for the JEE Advanced 2022 registration from the table below.
How to fill the Application Form and choose the JEE Advanced 2022 Exam City
IIT Delhi will be releasing the JEE Advanced 2022 application form for the top qualifiers of the JEE Main 2022. Candidates need to choose the same login credentials of the JEE Main 2022. Doing this, the candidates only have to add the choice of exam cities and alternative contact details. The candidates must choose the JEE Advanced 2022 exam city keeping the exam day functions in mind. JEE Advanced 2022 center allotment as per the preference of the candidate will reduce the hassles on the examination day. Candidates can check the brief steps to fill the registration form and making the exam city choices from below.
Elements of JEE Advanced Exam Center
Before choosing the exam cities / towns candidates need to get aware of the certain elements for JEE Advanced 2022 exam center allotment. The JEE Advanced cities / towns are divided into seven zones, if the candidates face any problem or need to raise certain requests, they need to contact the zonal IITs only. Candidates who are allotted a particular exam city need to contact its zonal IIT only. The two elements in the exam center allotment are as under.
1. Zonal IIT – The exam centers of JEE Advanced 2022 is divided into seven zonal IITs which have the authority to conduct the examination.
2. City / Town – These zonal IITs have further exam cities and towns divided into the each of them. The zonal IITs are responsible for the functioning of exam in the cities/towns under their zone.
Zonal IIT wise distribution of States and Countries
The JEE Advanced is conducted jointly by seven IITs under the guidance of the Joint Admission Board. These are known as the zonal IITs. Zonal IITs have divided the states in Inida ad countries where the exam will be conducted amongst them for the smooth functioning of the exam all over India and abroad. The tentative division of the states amongst the zonal IITs is as under.
IIT Bombay Zone
IIT Delhi Zone
Jammu and Kashmir
IIT Guwahati Zone
IIT Kanpur Zone
IIT Kharagpur Zone
Andaman and Nicobar Islands
IIT Hyderabad Zone
IIT Roorkee Zone
Overseas Exam Centers for JEE Advanced 2022
The exam centers for the JEE Advanced 2022 are also situated outside India. Candidates willing to appear for the exam abroad can select the test centres as per the table below.
*In a meeting of JAB it has been decided to remove Colombo and Addis Ababa as the exam city for the JEE Advanced 2022. Along with the removal of two cities, San Francisco has been decided as the newest addition, however, the zonal IIT is yet not decided.
Locate JEE Advanced 2022 Exam Cities / Towns
Using the list of test cities and towns available and the new addition and subtraction the following locations have been decided for the JEE Advanced 2022 exam centers. Locate the exam cities and towns available around the world using the map below.
JEE Advanced 2022 Exam Day instructions
On the event of appearance at the exam centre on the exam day, candidates need to follow thw rules and regulations to conduct the JEE Advanced 2022. Not following the instructions laid down by the conducting body may lead to disqualification of the candidate. Thus it is advisable to follow the instructions below and maintain the code of conduct on the exam day.
- Candidates need to bring a printed copy of the JEE Advanced 2022 admit card along with an original photo identity card.
- The identity of the candidates is verified by the invigilators on the exam day. If the representative have any doubt regarding the identity of the candidate, they may not permit the candidate to write exam.
- Candidates must only bring pen, pencils, original admit card, and a photo ID proof on the exam day
- Any kind of electronic devices or gadgets is prohibited inside the examination hall. Candidates must follow the dress code laid down by the IIT in the information brochure. The dress code includes
- - Do not wear any kind of metal accessories such as jwellery including rings, bracelet, earings etc.
- - Avoid clothes with big buttons.
- Appearance of candidates after the commencement of the exam is not allowed. The commencement time for paper 1 and paper 2 are as follows
- - Paper 1 – 9:00 AM IST
- - Paper 2 – 2:30 PM IST
- Leaving the exam hall before the exam duration is not allowed. Candidates must sit even if they have submitted the responses before the exam end time.
- Candidates must keep complete silence in the examination hall.