Some Important Relations Regarding Moles Of Atoms
Atom and Molecule of Class 9
SOME IMPORTANT RELATIONS REGARDING MOLES OF ATOMS
- Mass of 1 mole of atoms = Gram atomic mass
- 1 mole of atoms = 6.023 × 10- atoms
- Gram atomic mass = Mass of 6.023 × 1023 atoms
Ex. To calculate the number of moles in 16 grams of sulphur (Atomic mass of sulphur=32u).
Solution: 1 mole of atoms = Gram atomic mass.
So, 1 mole of sulphur atoms = Gram atomic mass of sulphur = 32 grams.
Now, 32 grams of sulphur contains = 1 mole of sulphur
So, 16 grams of sulphur will contain = (1/32) × 16
= 0.5 mole
Thus, 16 grams of sulphur constitute 0.5 mole of sulphur.
Mole is the Latin word meaning heap or pile.
- Formula Mass
- Monoatomic Ions and Polyatomic Ions
- Laws of Chemical Combination
- Dalton’s Atomic Theory
- Explanation of the laws of chemical combination
- what is Molecule
- How to find Molecular Mass
- Gram Atomic And Gram Molecular Mass
- Some Important Relations Regarding Moles Of Atoms
- Important Formula of Atom and Molecules
- Solved questions
- Exercise 1
- Exercise 2
- Exercise 3
- Exercise 4
- Exercise 5 (True and False)