Career in Actuarial Sciences
Introduction About Actuarial Sciences
The discipline of Actuarial science applies mathematical and statistical methods to weigh risk in insurance, finance, and other industries and occupations. Actuarial science comprises interrelated subjects, including mathematics, statistics, finance, economics, and computer science.
Eligibility for Actuarial Sciences
- Actuarial Common Entrance Test (ACET exam) -10+2 or equivalent exam with English.After ACET, apply at www.actuariesindia.orgto become a student member of IAI.
- IPGDLI, IPGDGI, IPGDRM-Graduate Degree in any discipline (including Engg and Management) from a recognised university / Institute candidates with professional qualifications like CA, ICWAI, CS are also eligible.
- PGDAS-B.Com. (With Statistics) or B.Sc.(With Maths/Statistics) or B.Com. /B.Sc. in Actuarial Science or BCA or B.Sc. (Computer Science)
Courses in Acturial Sciences
- PG Diploma in Actuarial sciences (PGDAS) International Post Graduate Diploma in Life Insurance (IPGDLI)
- International Post Graduate Diploma in General Insurance (IPGDGI)
- International Post Graduate Diploma in Risk Management (IPGDRM)
Actuarial exams by IAI
- Stage 1: Core Technical (CT)
- Stage 2: Core Application (CA)
- Stage 3: Specialist Technical (ST)
- Stage 4: Specialist Application (SA)
Institutes/Universities for Acturial Sciences
- VNS Gujrat University, Surat
- IIRM Hyderabad
- Institute of Actuaries of India, Mumbai