Tourism and Travels
Career in Tourism and Travels
Introduction About Tourism and Travels
Tourism & Travels studies the physical, economic, social and cultural aspects of tourism, tourist markets, and destinations. It also studies the wider perspective of tourism as an interdisciplinary way drawing knowledge from several social science subjects.
Eligibility for Tourism and Travels
10+2with fluency in English, at least one foreign language & also 2or3 regional languages.
At post graduate level:Graduation in any discipline.
Courses in Tourism and Travels
- Basic course in Travel Management. (3months / 6 months)
- Diploma in Tourism Management
- Diploma in International Airlines & Travel Management (IATA)
- Masters in Tourism Administration
- Post Graduate Diploma in Tourism & Travel.
Institutes/Universities for Tourism and Travels
- Indian Institute of Travel & Tourism Management, New Delhi
- Indian Institute of Tourismand Travel Management, Gwalior
- Annamalai University, Chennai
- Kota Open University, Rajasthan
- University of Kerala, Trivandrum
- Pondicherry University, Puducherry
- Indira Gandhi National Open University, New Delhi (http://www.ignou.ac.in/)