Career in Mass Communication
Introduction About Mass Communication
Mass communication is the course related to how individuals and entities relay information through mass media to large segments of the population at the same time. It usually relates to newspaper, magazine, book publishing, as well as radio, television and film, as these mediums are used for disseminating information, news and advertising.
Mass communication course in a collective term has a series of streams like-news-reading, reporting, columnist, Anchoring, radio jockey, public-relations, advertising, production, acting, web journalism, social media etc.
Eligibility for Mass Communication
The selection process conducted by various colleges includes interviews, group discussion, and written tests for a particular media or mass communication course at a university,
10 +2 for undergraduate course
Courses in Mass Communication
- B.A. (Mass Communication)
- B.B.A (Mass Media Management)
- PG Diploma.(Mass Communication & Journalism)
- M.A.(Communication and Journalism)
- M.A.(Mass Communication & Journalism)
- M.A.(Mass Communication)
- M. B.A. (Mass Media Management)
- Ph. D in Mass
Institutes/Universities for Mass Communication
- Anna Malai University, Chennai
- Madurai Kamraj University, Chennai
- Symbiosis Institute of Journalism & Mass Communication, Pune
- Department of Communication & Journalism, University of Poona
- Film & Television Institute of India (FTII), Chennai & Kolkata
- Assam University, Silchar, Assam.
- University of Kolkata
- Aligarh Muslim University, U.P.
- Banaras Hindu University,U.P.
- Guru Nanak Dev University
- Punjab University
- Kurukshetra University, Haryana
- Jawahar Lal Nehru University, New Delhi
- Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, New Delhi
- Indira Gandhi National Open University, New Delhi (http://www.ignou.ac.in/)
- Sardar Patel University, Gujarat17.Nagpur University