/* MARKETING SCRIPT */?>
Astronomy is a combination of physics, chemistry and mathematical principles/rules. Astrophysics can be called its offshoot. It deals with detailed study of the physical, chemical and dynamic properties of celestial objects. It also deals with the phenomena over and above Earth's atmosphere. There is associated study of calculations of orbits, gravitational forces, satellites, meteors, galaxies, comets, stars, planetary objects, planets, satellites etc. In Astrophysics, we explore and ensure properties/nature of the astronomical objects with the help of laws of physics and chemistry. There is also the field of Cosmology which studies the origin and evolution of the universe.
Eligibility of Astronomy And Astrophysics
10 +2 with PCM
1. IUCAA-NCRA Admission Test (INAT) Link Details: http://inat.ncra.tifr.res.in/inat
2. Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST) Details: http://www.jest.org.in/
3. CSIR-UGC NET for JRF (Physics)
1. University of Delhi, Delhi
2. Indian Institute of Astrophysics, Bangalore
3. Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
4. Raman Research Institute, Bangalore
5. Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics (IUCAA) – Pune
6. National Centre for Radio Astronomy - Tata Fundamental Research Institute – Pune.
7. Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences (ARIES), Nainital
8. Harish-Chandra Research Institute (HRI), Allahabad
9. Osmania University, Hyderabad
10. Madras University, Chennai
1. M.Sc. /M. Phil PhD (Physics)
2. M.Sc. Astronomy,
3. M.Sc. – Astrophysics
4. Integrated M. Tech- Ph. D (Tech.) programme in Astronomical Instrumentation (Eligibility-B. Tech / BE degree in Electrical/ Instrumentation/ Electronics and Communications /Computer Science/Mechanical Engineering or M. Sc degree in Physics / Electronic Science / Astrophysics/ Applied Mathematics /Applied Physics are also eligible to apply)
5. Ph. D Astrophysics/Astronomy
Salary Package of Astronomy And Astrophysics
Not only this, the astronomers also apply their knowledge for solving the problems that occur in navigation, space flight and satellite communications. Astronomers usually earn a PhD degree in Physics, Astronomy or Astrophysics. Salary: Astronomers on an average earn Rs 8 lakh to Rs 10 lakh annually.