Forestry is the study of sustainably managing and preserving forested resources for the benefit of humans. It studies ecology, environmental and resource protection, such as wood, water, wastelands, endangered species, clean air, biodiversity and ecosystems in forests.
Eligibility & Courses for Forestry
10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Maths/Biology.
- B. Sc. Forestry / Wildlife
- M. Sc. Forestry / Wildlife / Forest Economics
- M. Sc. Wood Science and Technology.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Forest Management (PGDFM)
Institutes/Universities for Forestry
- University of Agricultural Sciences, Bengaluru,Dharwad.
- Agriculture College & Research Institute, Coimbatore.
- College of Horticulture Forestry, Solan, Himachal Pradesh.
- Bhim Rao Ambedkar University, Agra, Uttar Pradesh.
- Gujarat Agricultural University, Sardar Krushinagar Gujarat.
- Orissa University of Agriculture & Technology, Bhubaneshwar, Odisha
- Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana, Punjab.
- Jawaharlal Nehru Krishi Vishwavidyalaya, Jabalpur, Maharashtra.