Career in Foreign Languages
Introduction About Foreign Languages
Learning foreign languages not only strengthens better understanding of cultures,perspectives,employability but also improves cognitive skills ,concentration span ,memorisation and multi-tasking skills in an individual.
Eligibility in Foreign Languages
- 10th/10+2 for Diploma & Certificate courses.
- 10+2 with Diploma or Certificate courses for BA.
- The eligibility criteria is also varied for MA among the universities & language centres.
Courses in Foreign Languages
There are a variety of short & long-duration courses to learn languages like Japanese, Italian, German, Russian, Chinese, Portuguese, Spanish, Persian, Arabic and French.
- Short term (2months-1 year): Certificate / Diploma / Advance Diploma Courses.
- Long term (2years-3years): Bachelor’s Degree & PG Diploma Courses.
- Masters degree (1 or 2 year): MPhil, MA, Ph. D, etc.
- 5 year Integrated Masters course.
- Summer courses-21months
Institutes/Universities for Foreign Languages
- Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi.
- Central Institute of English & Foreign Languages, Hyderabad.
- Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi.
- Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh.
- Barkatullah Vishwa vidyalaya, Bhopal.
- Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
- Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai.
- Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)