What is the difference between photosystem I and photosystem II quizlet?
Differences between Photosystem I and Photosystem II
1. The system is located in the nonappressed part of grana thylakoids as well as stroma thylakoids.
2. Chlorophyll: carotenoid content is high.
3. Chlorophyll a content is more than twice that of chlorophyll b.
4. Its photocentre is P700.
5. It receives electrons from photosystem II.
6. Photosystem I can perform cyclic photophosphorylation independently.
7. It is not connected with photolysis of water.
8. Usually it hands over its electron to NADP+.
1. Photosystem II is present in the appressed part of grana thylakoids.
2. Chlorophyll to carotenoid ratio is low.
3. Chlorophyll a and chlorophyll b are approximately equal.
4. Its photocentre is P680.
5. Electrons are received from photolytic reaction.
6. It performs non-cyclic photophosphorylation in conjunction with photosystem I.
7. Photosystem II is connected with photolytic oxidation of water.
8. Usually it hands over its electrons to PS I.
Biology Doubts page consist of more questions and answer related to this topic.